- Global Congress on Oncology Clinical Trials for Blacks - November 2-4, 2018 New
- 2018 Science of Global Prostate Cancer Disparities in Black Men Conference - November 7-10, 2018 New
- The SSO 2019 Call for Abstracts and Videos is Open New
- Focus on cancer: NIH supports cancer research to reduce disease burden New
- ASCO IDEA Award Open. Oncologists from Low- and Middle-Income Countries, Apply for the International Development and Education Award (IDEA) and IDEA in Palliative Care (IDEA-PC) New
- ASCO Honors SOCRON President
- Applications Open for UICC Technical Fellowships (UICC-TF) 2018
- Prostate Cancer Awareness and Control Conference in Nigeria
- World Cancer Day 2018 - Goodwill Message and Press Release
- 2018 International Scholarship Opportunities for Young Doctors
- Applications due in two weeks for the TIDIRC (Training Institute for Dissemination and Implementation Research in Cancer) Training
- Launch of 2018 WCC Preliminary Programme and Call for Abstracts
- Applications Open for the 2018 Long-term International Fellowship (LIFe)
- NSCR Newsletter | Volume 6 Issue 1
- World Cancer Day 2016-2018
- Book launch on Cancer incidence in Nigeria: 2009-2013
- SOCRON Newsletter
Global Oncology Young Investigator Award
ASCO’s Conquer Cancer Foundation is now accepting applications for the 2019 Global Oncology Young Investigator Award (GO YIA). The Global Oncology YIA is a one-year grant that provides between $25,000 to $50,000 in research funding to investigators in their last year of training or first two years of employment to encourage and promote quality research in global oncology and to develop the next generation of researchers to address global health needs.
The application deadline is September 25, 2018, 11:59 PM (EDT).> Recipients will be notified in April 2019.
For more information, please visit CONQUER.ORG/global-oncology-yia. “Global oncology” refers to the application of the concepts of global health to cancer, and implies an approach to the practice of oncology that acknowledges the reality of limited resources in most parts of the world. The Global Oncology Young Investigator Award is intended to support:
- Research by investigators in low resource settings on scientific questions specific to those settings. This research has the potential to offer “reverse innovation” insights that could influence practice in a wide range of practice settings.
- Research by investigators in high resource settings on issues in resource-limited settings.
- Collaborative research (high and low resource investigators) on questions of shared concern, such as studying a cancer type that affects a small population in the United States but is common in another country.
- Clinical and translational research
- Innovative care delivery
- Prevention and palliative care
- Implementation research
- Health systems, outcomes, and economics research related to cancer control and care
- Applications from within and outside the United States are welcome.
- Applicants must be an ASCO member or must submit a membership application with the grant application. To apply for membership or to renew an existing membership, visit asco.org/membership.
- Applications must be completed in English.
- Applications must be submitted online.
Prostate Cancer Awareness and Control Conference in Nigeria
World Cancer Day 2018 - Goodwill Message and Press Release
Applications due in two weeks for the TIDIRC (Training Institute for Dissemination and Implementation Research in Cancer) Training
Application period open through February 9, 2018 12pm ET!
We are looking forward to receiving your applications!
Launch of 2018 WCC Preliminary Programme and Call for Abstracts
The International Union Against Cancer (UICC) has officially launched the 2018 World Cancer Congress (WCC) preliminary programme and call for abstracts. Almost 90 multidisciplinary sessions staging more than 400 speakers from about 80 countries have been handpicked for their innovative practice in cancer implementation science to create the preliminary programme of this year’s Congress.
This brings together leading organisations in research, clinical practices, epidemiology, policy recommendation, women’s cancers, public health and primary care interventions, patient engagement and survivorship, cancer delivery and resource management, and more. Submission of abstract papers featuring your successful advocacy / fundraising campaign or scientific study is open until 31 March, 2018
For registration and submission of abstract, see details.
Applications Open for the 2018 Long-term International Fellowship (LIFe)The Conquer Cancer Foundation of ASCO Long-term International Fellowship is a one-year, $115,000 grant that provides early-career oncologists in low- to middle-income countries the support and resources needed to advance their training in the United States, Canada, or the European Union.
Following the fellowship, recipients return to their home institution and use the training and experience from the fellowship to effect change in cancer care in their home country. Applications are due January 19, 2018, at 11:59 PM (EST).
Learn more and apply today